RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
By proceeding payments with Natasha Sikand Yoga the participant releases the organizers and its representatives from all responsibility and liability.
TERMS OF AGREEMENT FOR CLASSES & EVENTS (ONLINE AND IN PERSON)
1. You understand that you are responsible for your own personal safety, property, health, mental, physical, emotional, and general well-being during and after the event. In consideration to the other participants, please do not attend if you are feeling unwell.
2. You release Natasha Sikand Yoga and the event/class teachers, organizers, their representatives, employees, assistants, and affiliates, of any liability for any injuries or damages (mental or physical) to you or any of your family members that might incur during or after the event/class.
3. You understand that the event/class is in no way psychotherapeutic or medical in nature. The event is not involved with the treatment of disease of any kind and does in not substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment.
4. You do not hold Natasha Sikand Yoga and the event organizers responsible for anything that might happen to you or your possessions during this event/class.
5. You understand that no health insurance, travel insurance, medical evacuation insurance is provided by the event/class organizers. If you wish to be insured you have to do this yourself.
- You understand that photographs may be taken during the program by approved teachers and assistants. You give your permission to use these photos for program promotion in print and online formats. However, you may ask to approve of specific photos containing your image before being shown publicly.
7. You give Natasha Sikand Yoga and/or the event teacher permission to add yourself to their mailing lists. If you do not wish to be on their mailing lists please click this link to contact me.
8. You have read and understand the cancellation policy, below.
9. You acknowledge that participation in Yoga & movement exercise could constitute a risk of serious injury to yourself. You accept and assume the risk and warrant that you are physically fit and able to perform the Yoga and movement exercises without risking serious injury.
10. You acknowledge that Natasha Sikand Yoga and its representatives are not responsible nor liable for any injury, illness, or other mishap you sustain arising from or out of, or in any way directly or indirectly associated with the Yoga, Pranayama, and movement exercises.
11. You understand and acknowledge that you are able to receive instruction in Yoga, Pranayama, and movement exercises and theory only. Natasha Sikand Yoga and its representatives are not liable for, nor expected to provide advice, training, or medical assistance. You indemnify Natasha Sikand Yoga and its representatives from and against all suits, cases of action, proceedings, claims, costs and expenses whatsoever in connection with or arising out of such injury, illness or mishap to yourself.
12. By participating in Natasha Sikand Yoga classes, courses or events, during which you will receive information about Yoga, meditation and health, you recognize that Yoga requires physical exertion that may be strenuous and may cause physical injury and you are fully aware of the risks involved. You agree to check with your doctor or therapist if you have any difficulties or concerns about taking part in the class. You agree to advise the teacher of any medical conditions you may have and if those conditions change at any time.
13. You agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known and unknown, which you might incur as a result of participating in the program. You voluntarily and expressly waive any claim you may have against Natasha Sikand Yoga and its representatives for injury or damages that you may sustain as a result of participating in the program.
14. You take full responsibility for your experience and interpretation of any information presented in classes, workshops, and retreats. You do not hold Natasha Sikand Yoga and its representatives liable for your interpretation, experience, and opinion of information presented to yourself.
REFUNDS & CANCELLATION POLICY
1. Under rare circumstances, including natural disasters in the area our program is hosted on rainy conditions for the outdoor Yoga sessions, or for other unforeseen reasons, Natasha Sikand Yoga reserves the right to cancel a program at any time, in which case you will receive either a credit to a future class or a refund (booking fee is not refundable) if you cannot attend another class.
2. If you cancel class at least 24 hours prior to class start and you will receive a refund minus $2. If you cancel class under 24hrs prior you will not receive a refund. A no show/no cancel will not receive a class credit.
3. There will be no refunds for any workshops or retreats unless your spot can be resold in which case you will be charged the booking and a cancellation fee. Any cancellations made under 4 weeks prior to the event will not be refunded.
4. There will be no refunds if you do not show up, if you leave a class/event early for any reason, or if you attended a class/event and are dissatisfied with its presentation and content.
Natasha Sikand Yoga and Apollo Bay Yoga are committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us here if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) –
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than five years.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
Our business partners:
- We do not share your data with any Business partners
Connected third parties:
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks using third party Anti-malware software.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Please click here.
+353 57 868 4800
Last modification was made 4th Dec 2019.